Government initiatives in recent years have identified that patient access to new treatments and technologies is imperative if outcomes are to improve. There has been little progress so far because the NHS is facing a huge financial challenge while simultaneously attempting to transform services through the STP process and formation of ACSs.
The HSJ Life Sciences Forum is an exclusive event for executive directors from pharma and med tech companies seeking to develop relationships with and deliver innovation to the NHS.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Candid and open discussion about access and pricing as the deadline for completing PPRS negotiations rapidly approaches
- Keynote sessions in which NHS England and STP leaders outline their strategic vision and what role the life sciences sector can play in supporting it
- Lively debate about the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and how barriers between industry and NHS can be broken down to realise its goals
- Opportunity for industry and the newly established RMOCs to engage in a dialogue about medicines optimisation and what specific challenges the NHS faces in terms of eliminating waste and variation to meet the efficiency agenda
- Breakout sessions in which AHSNs, industry and the NHS can discuss service redesign, patient pathways and the innovation from industry that’s required to deliver an ambitious programme of transformation
- Clarity on the role of NICE and the chance to feedback on the HTA process
- Increased knowledge of the challenges and changes in the NHS at a national level in terms of specialised commissioning and at a local level as ACSs begin to develop at pace